Friday, October 16, 2009

La Drama Princess, The Orientation

A Little Background Please

Dejavudoo and I met about 5 years ago on another bloggingcommunity.  This blog is actually our second writing blog together. The first we started a couple of years ago with a third writer but we couldn't stay in our groove so we let it go. We are always talking about writing and our lack of new offerings so we decided to change that and find out who we really are as writers.

Both of us have been writing for years now, since grade/middle school. Back then it was for personal reasons, an escape from our lives through our emotions  onto paper. I used to keep a diary as a 'tween that my mother often broke into and then stole from me, but we won't get into that mess right now but you can see why I had to write to escape.

From Then to Now

Although my mother was a diary thief she did encourage me to write. Whenever I would shut down on her and go completely silent after acting out she would confront me and try to get me to express myself. She learned early on that getting me to open my mouth wasnt going to work so she gave me a pen and paper to try to figure me out. I gave her what she wanted, but for the most part I saved my truest feelings for the diary, hence her thieving.

Over the years I have come back to writing for safety. There is no talkback from the paper, I can go on and on all day long and never be questioned or be misunderstood. For instance, whenever there was a problem with a boyfriend I would write him a letter. In fact, I still have letters written to me from my daughter's father during his stint in the navy in the early 90's.  Aside from the fact that I rarely saw him because of his job, he is a quite difficult person to deal with so writing was the best way to communicate with him. Whenever we spoke over the phone or when he came home on leave, I often would go into a tirade on him laced with profanity and threats to his life, to which he found totally hilarious. Yes writing him kept me out of prison, or dead.

Whenever I have  received bad service at a doctor's office, I write a scathing letter detailing my disgust with said doctor or their staff's behavior and treatment towards me or my children. I still do this and I advise everyone to do the same. No they don't always respond but they won't forget and it just may spur them to straighten up.

This is why I Believe

Now writing is my go to form of communication but that isnt the only reason I think I am good at it.

If I were to tell you my life story you would seriously be shocked that I am still standing and in one piece  for that matter. I have had a lot of things happen to me, seen so much, done so much, and met a variety of personalities with their own intricate experiences over the past 32 years. When I write for storytelling purposes I draw from all of those characters, experiences, and feelings then sprinkle them throughout my work. Every piece that I write contains a piece of me, how I speak, look, think, feel, and live. Every storyline has  a part of my life in some shape or form within it. And every dramatic tale is true to life to someone I know.

So let me ask, are you interested? I know you are so let me tell you what we are trying to do here.

Behind the Madness

On this blog you can expect for me to get raunchy, silly (a little ri-dumb-dic-ulous sometimes), sorrowful, and always bring you some drama. I write for the eroticist in you but I'm not trying to be the next Zane and there is more to my writing than the fuck. I'm me and that's the only person I can be so I hope you take my readings as unique.

That's what I have to offer now Deja will tell you for herself what you can expect from her.

What we Will Bring you and Why you are Here

The first several weeks of this blog we will write a scene at least 5 pages long on a particular topic such as romance or sci fi/fantasy. Some of the topics we will be familiar with and others will be foreign to us which  may also be true for you too. During this time, we would like for our special readers to offer us their honest but polite, thoughts and opinions on our writings. This isn't a contest or a praise party. If you like something in particular but feel that it could be better, please tell us such. If you think something sucks, let us know but do so with input on how you think it can be better. We gain little from only positive and shallow reviews. We are writing and sharing with you to get better and define ourselves as what kind of writers we are or if we are writers at all.

Check in on October 19 when will announce the topics. Our subsequent scenes will be posted each Monday, unless otherwise noted.

Also, we ask that you critique both of our works on each topic to be fair.

Ok  so let's get started!!

No comments: